MetroCoal Limited is committed to protecting and safeguarding privacy and to ensure that personal information collected is handled in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 which regulates the way organisations collect, use, hold and disclose personal information.
Use & Disclosure of Information
MetroCoal Limited may use or disclose personal information where it would be reasonably expected that it would the information about the individual for the purpose it was collected or for a further purpose if the individual has consented.
In addition it is permitted to use or disclose personal information:
- where the individual has consented to the use or disclosure;
- where it reasonably believes that the use or disclosure is necessary to reduce or prevent a serious, immediate threat to health or safety;
- where it reasonably suspects that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of its investigation
- or in responding on the matter to the relevant authorities; or
- where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law.
Security and Storage
MetroCoal Limited will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is stored in a secure environment that can only be accessed by authorised persons with the knowledge of MetroCoal Limited.